Dayes Automotive Center specializes in transmission repair in Phoenix. Not only are our rates usually 30% less than our competitors, but we have a standard 1 year parts and labor guarantee. Because you drive, like us you probably hate car expenses – especially when they are not planned. We are car guys and we have families and we feel the same way!
Transmission Repair is synonymous with going to the dentist.
Transmissions can be costly – some people try and do it on their own. Originally from kappit.com, we thought this joke was unfortunately true of some of our own experiences with transmission repair and why we opened our store:
Hopefully, they are looking at the fluid! Unfortunately, transmissions are one of the costlier repairs on a vehicle. However, there are some things that knowing about can help ensure you are spending as little as possible on transmission repair.
A proper diagnosis of your transmission saves you a lot of money in the long run. It also solves the problem, but unless you are Donald Trump, it also ensures the problem does not come back. For a better understanding of the possible signs associated with a failing transmission, here are some useful tips that might indicate it is time to bring your car into Dayes for a free inspection:
- Slippage: Your vehicle speeds up, but your engine doesn’t respond to it. or the RPMS seem to bounce around.
- Rough Shifting: Abrupt shifting between gears – you will feel the car “jerk”.
- Stains on the driveway or the garage: Heavy stains under the vehicle could be fluid leaks – especially if a brown/pink in color.
- Irregular Shifting: Unpredictable shifts while driving or the RPMS seem to bounce around instead of smoothly changing – especially from 1st to 2 gear.
- Sounds: Heavy sounds or vibrations of any type – especially when on surface streets with no potholes, etc.
- “Check Engine” Light: Lit light on the vehicle’s dashboard.
- Fluid: Dirty transmission fluid is a sign of a potential transmission problem – brown or black in color.
These some of the more common problems needing transmission repair. Any of the above means you should bring your vehicle in as soon as possible. Dayes Automotive Center not only will repair the transmission, but also provide you with tips in how to maintain it to keep it healthy for a long time.
Don't underestimate the value of word-of-mouth. Talk to all of your neighbors and tell them where you go for good transmission work– advertise to a local Facebook group, tell your friends and family. There's nothing like first-hand experience to inform people about good transmission work - many shops will give you a discount for referrals. Dayes Automotive Center wants to be your trusted transmission repair shop and we love referrals!